Orthodox Christianity

Brussels

Cathedral Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker.

Address: Rue des Chevaliers 29,
B-1050 Brussels - Belgium
Metro: 'Porte de Namur', 'Louiza' or 15 min. by foot from the Bruxelles-Central railway station

Services:
Saturdays: vigils at 6pm
Sundays and major feast days: Divine Liturgy at 10am
Complete timetable available here in Russian.
Confessions after Saturday vigil service or from 9.30am. All two priests speak English.

Liturgical language: Slavonic (old Church Russian)

Clergy:

Архиепископ Симон Archbishop SIMON of Brussels and Belgium
tel. & fax: +32 2 513 33 74
info[at]archiepiskopia.be
Archpriest Serge Model Archpriest Serge Model - rector
tel. & fax: +32 2 203 30 56
mob. +32 476 485 800
sergemodel[at]gmail.com
Priest Alexander Kuriatkin

Priest Alexandre Kurjatkin
mob. +32 471 57 21 90
tel. 016.44.52.64

Deacon Alexander Motorny Protodeacon Alexander Motorny
mob. +32 479 371 463
a.motornyi[at]gmail.com
Deacon Michael Lomax

Deacon Michael Lomax
tel. +32 2 346 51 65
lomax[at]skynet.be

Brief history:
The Russian Orthodox church of St Nicholas the Wonderworker was established in Brussels in 1862 as the private chapel of Prince Nicholas Orloff, Minster Plenipotentiary of the Russian Imperial Court to the Kingdom of Belgium. In 1876 it was moved to 29 rue des Chevaliers, Ixelles (Brussels), where it has remained until today. In 1887 it was registered as the official Russian embassy church. The Church, decorated in late 19th century Russian style, occupies the ground floor of the house. Since 1929 the bishop of Brussels and Belgium has resided in the same building. The parish is officially recognized by the Belgian authorities.


PhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto