Orthodox Christianity

Brussels

Church of Saint Anne

Address:
Parc de Laeken - Avenue des Trembles
1020 Brussels (Laeken)
(in front of Royal Palace)

Clergy:

vladimir bronnikov Priest Vladimir Bronnikov
gsm: 0495 31 15 95
vubronnikov[at]yahoo.com

Liturgical language: Slavonic and French.

History:
The chapel of Saint Anne, typical of so many in this part of the world with its white walls and slate roof, was founded in the 15th-16th centuries in the Royal park of Laeken (Brussels) as a place of pilgrimage, next to a spring of the same name. Not longer used by the Catholic Church, it was made available in 1973 to the Russian Church and, after restoration, fitted out as an Orthodox place of worship. On 10 February 1974, the chapel was consecrated by Archbishop Basil (Krivocheine). The parish is officially recognized by the Belgian authorities.


PhotoPhotoPhoto