Orthodox Christianity

Louvain-la-Neuve

University chapel at campus

Address:
ruelle Saint-Eloi 2,
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve

Web-site: www.orthodoxelouvain.be

   

Liturgical languages: French and Church-Slavonic.

Worship: to ask at: chapelle.lln.les.saints.russes[at]gmail.com

History:
The chapel of 'All Saints of the Land of Russia' was founded in 1984 at Lasne-Sauvagemont (Walloon Brabant), not far from an ancient abbey inhabited by nuns for 600 years, as a metochion of the cathedral church of Saint Nicholas the Wonder-worker. On 12 December 1986 it was consecrated by Metropolitan Vladimir (Sabodan), Exarch of the Patriarchate of Moscow for Western Europe. In 1999 the chapel moved to Ottignies. From November 2007 the Divine liturgy is celebrated from time to time at the newly established Orthodox chapel situated at the University campus of Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL).


PhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto